‘Education is preparation for life.’
LEARNING FOR UNDERSTANDING
The essence of our pedagogy is "learning for understanding." The desire to learn is far more important than the achievement. K.R. Mangalam World School truly believes and strives to awaken the same desire in our children in order to make them socially responsible and focused.
The school follows a pre-primary curriculum with an array of activities with the aim of nurturing the social, emotional, physical, creative development and critical thinking in each child. Our endeavour is to create a learning environment where all the students can actualize their potential to become responsible individuals.
We engage our students through a variety of teaching methods. We stimulate curiosity, invite participation, and challenge assumptions. Students learn through teacher instructions, smart classes, PowerPoint presentations, group activities, and field trips. Seminars and workshops also form an integral part of the school curriculum.
Learning in the pre-primary years is done through a thematic approach wherein each child’s unique interests, abilities, personality, and styles of learning are recognised and can be evaluated. The school day comprises academic and co-curricular learning experiences and is planned with a special focus on the developmental needs of our students.
The interdisciplinary project-based learning with a focus on a progressive pedagogy nurtures the emotional health, social awareness, and responsibility of the students. The following concepts are imbibed in our children through play way methods with emphasis on activities:
- Linguistic intelligence: Dramatizations, role -play, magic show, story narration, show and tell, recitation.
- Mathematical and logical intelligence: simple science experiments, puzzles, shape sorters, cooking, grid board, abacus.
- Visual and spatial intelligence: tearing and pasting, lacing and buttoning, art and craft, clay modelling.
- Kinaesthetic intelligence: sand and water play, memory games, outdoor and indoor games.
- Musical intelligence: playing musical instruments and singing songs.
- Interpersonal intelligence: life-skills activities, creative work in groups.
- Intrapersonal Intelligence: Drama, Morning Assembly, Special Presentations
- Spiritual: caring and sharing and narration of value-based stories.
- Naturalist: Caring for the environment, judicious use of water and electricity, nature walks, educational and recreational visits, feeding the birds and taking care of animals.
An integrated curricular approach woven around activity-based learning facilitates the wholesome development of a healthy and learning balanced personality. Teaching and learning efficacy grows manifold when curricular subjects are transacted through project work -making learning a joyful experience.
- 1 English
- 2 Mathematics
- 3 General Awareness
- 1 English
- 2 Hindi
- 3 Mathematics
- 4 General Awareness